Jeremiah 52: 12 On the tenth day of the fifth month, in the nineteenth year of Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, Nebuzaradan commander of the imperial guard, who served the king of Babylon, came to Jerusalem. 13 He set fire to the temple of the Lord, the royal palace and all the houses of Jerusalem. Every important building he burned down. 14 The whole Babylonian army, under the commander of the imperial guard, broke down all the walls around Jerusalem.
Sitting in my cabana, I prepared for the day’s events which included sightseeing, lunch, a massage, dinner and then dancing. Yes, this day was truly trying! On that day one of the top executives walked up to me and said he would like me to take a spot on his executive team. I was delighted! “Could this day go any better?” I thought to myself.
- In times of plenty, I have forgotten GOD.
- In times of abundance, I look at my achievements as “mine.”
- In times of great wealth, I thought I was secure.
“What a bright future” I said at that time, but little did I know my demise was on its way. The same people who raised me up forgot me when the reorganization came years later. A new guard came in and broke down the walls and many were carried off into the ranks of the unemployed. Like the king of Babylon, the new guard was unforgiving and onerous. BUT GOD had a plan for that too.
- GOD had to remove the blindness of my wealth to see I am secure in HIM.
- GOD had to remove my false security in titles to see I need humility in HIM.
- GOD had to remove my desire to be wealthy and serve the wealthy in order to see hurting people who need to be served.
Not once did I jump around and praise GOD during my island moment. Well, maybe a little, but my mind quickly raced off into how I was going to lead another large corporation. I did not think of who was poor or needy. I did not think of how I was going to use the extra money to help others. I think I tithed, but it was easy to do. GOD made it very clear to me that the earth is HIS and everything on it.
Every step I take is on HIS earth, not mine. The air I breathe is HIS and every penny as well. Every moment I exist should be given to GOD. I cannot say I give every minute to HIM, but the more I do the more I am blessed.
- Are you seeking a life of comfort?
- Do you constantly look forward to a vacation?
- Can you factor in time to worship GOD?
- Will you praise HIM for where you are right now no matter what the circumstance?