Thursday, June 9, 2016

Peace and Security


Jeremiah 46: 27 “Do not be afraid, Jacob my servant;
    do not be dismayed, Israel.
I will surely save you out of a distant place,
    your descendants from the land of their exile.
Jacob will again have peace and security,
    and no one will make him afraid.

============

Waiting on the decision, I could hardly sleep. I interviewed for the top position and they dragged their feet towards telling me if I got it or not. A couple of weeks later I realized the worst. I did not get the position. I did not have peace.

  • Every once in a while I lose my peace.
  • Every now and then I do not feel secure.
  • Every so often I feel threatened.


I felt that getting this position would enable me to get away from those who “opposed” me; instead, I had to remain right under them. This made me feel extremely uncomfortable. I could not help feeling this group did not want me around and I did not know what to do. BUT GOD made a difference.

  • GOD gives me peace that surpasses all understanding.
  • GOD is my security so I do not have to worry about humans.
  • GOD says to me “Do not be afraid” because HE is with me.


After I settled down I realized that I was working for the wrong person. I was working for humans who constantly change their minds and have egos as large as an ocean. GOD wants me to do everything unto HIM so I can feel at peace. HE guides me and protects me. GOD gives me peace and security.

  • Where are you putting your peace?
  • Do you place security in money?
  • Can you change you thinking and allow GOD to give you HIS peace?
  • Will you put your trust in HIM and HIM alone?


No comments:

Post a Comment