Friday, June 24, 2016

Plea for Restoration

Lamentations 5: 19 You, Lord, reign forever;
    your throne endures from generation to generation.
20 Why do you always forget us?
    Why do you forsake us so long?
21 Restore us to yourself, Lord, that we may return;
    renew our days as of old
22 unless you have utterly rejected us
    and are angry with us beyond measure.

============

“Blunder” was the only word to describe my first experience training people. I did not have charisma, anecdotes or clever jabs to spice up my dry material. As I stood in front of the dead crowd I could feel their pens mark poor on the evaluation. This came true and I was pulled off the assignment. “Please let me try again” was my reply.

  • There were times I needed to be restored.
  • There were times I fell flat on my face and needed help getting up.
  • There were times I had to admit failure and needed to prove I would do better on the alternate path.


Outcast, outlier, and outside the group feels rotten when I am the one who made the mistake. Not only do I have to admit I made a mistake, I have to try doubly hard to prove I am on a different trail. BUT GOD is different.

  • GOD gives me second, third and fiftieth chances to get it right.
  • GOD says to me “Ask and it will be given to you.”
  • GOD allows me to make mistakes and is faithful and just to forgive my sins and cleanses me of all unrighteousness.


Restoration is not only about confession, it’s about a different attitude. I must resolve that I may not be restored to the height I once was when I make a serious blunder. It is thoroughly up to GOD to raise me to where HE wants me to be and lower me if need be. When I ask GOD for restoration I must ask it in a way that is not demanding but humbly. It is up to HIM to restore me and HE always has been faithful to do so!

  • Have you made a serious blunder and are afraid to admit it?
  • Will you face your sins and confess them to GOD today?
  • Can you ask GOD for restoration without expectation and allow HIM to elevate you to where HE wants you?


No comments:

Post a Comment