Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Restoration after Destruction


Jeremiah 49: 38 I will set my throne in Elam
    and destroy her king and officials,”
declares the Lord.
39 “Yet I will restore the fortunes of Elam
    in days to come,”
declares the Lord.

============

“How can I fire this person?” I thought to myself. It was a difficult decision because I would have to fire a few other people as well. Who can I replace them with? How soon can I make this happen? A mentor approached me and said, do not become “the problem” while fixing things.

  • I once thought about destruction.
  • I once dreamed about total devastation.
  • I once imagined eradication of the “weak” to build up the strong.


My zeal was only pointed towards one department and I did not like any of the people. I mean they were good at being “employees” and not good at doing work! I wanted to get rid of all of them and find people who would work day and night. BUT GOD opened my eyes to another side.

  • GOD showed me I had plenty “judgment” and little grace.
  • GOD showed me I had plenty “self-righteousness” and little humility.
  • GOD showed me I had plenty “conquer” and little restoration.


After I stepped back from my rage I realized I needed people. Instead of firing people I had to grow them and mature them. It was my responsibility to restore people after I disciplined a few. GOD enabled me to add grace to my thinking which means I need to seek restoration wherever I can because GOD restores me quite often.

  • Are you “right” in your anger?
  • Are you seeking justice?
  • Can you seek restoration of that person?
  • Will you pray for that person to get to know CHRIST?
  • Will you pray for restoration instead of destruction of that person?




No comments:

Post a Comment