Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Returning from Lost


Jeremiah 50:“In those days, at that time,”
    declares the Lord,
“the people of Israel and the people of Judah together
    will go in tears to seek the Lord their God.
They will ask the way to Zion
    and turn their faces toward it.
They will come and bind themselves to the Lord
    in an everlasting covenant
    that will not be forgotten.
“My people have been lost sheep;
    their shepherds have led them astray
    and caused them to roam on the mountains.
They wandered over mountain and hill
    and forgot their own resting place.

============

“What do you want to do when you grow up” someone posed to me. “I don’t know” was all I could say because I had only thought about going bowling with my friends. “You are good at math, do you want to be in my computer class?” “Sure” I said and at that moment I had a path.

Another time I was standing in a building with a very puzzled look on my face. Nervous because of my pending tardiness, I got more and more frustrated. A person approached me and asked “Can I help you find something?” I replied with the address and person I was looking for and the person said “You are in the wrong building.” I received directions and went my way, relieved.

  • Sometimes I feel lost.
  • Sometimes I feel I have no direction.
  • Sometimes I feel there is no one there to guide me.


Feeling lost is much broader than directions from place to place. In fact I use a GPS and haven’t felt lost in a while. But life sometimes makes me feel “lost” in a way that no GPS can bring me out. I wander, stumble and even ask for directions but unfortunately I ask other lost people and they get me more lost. Where can I find directions?

  • GOD says to me “I AM the WAY the truth and the life” which means I need only to point my life to HIS and I will never be lost.
  • GOD says to me “Seek first the kingdom of GOD and all these things will be added to you” which means I need only to look for GOD whenever I feel lost.
  • GOD says to me “I AM the GOOD SHEPHERD” meaning HE is the only one who can confidently guide me through dark and mysterious times.


One reason I feel lost at times is because I have not asked GOD for directions, permission or safety on my journeys. Whenever I do I feel confident, protected and excited. HE guides me besides still waters and on paths of righteousness for HIS namesake. HE gives me a resting place.

  • Are you lost?
  • Do you feel you have been wandering?
  • Can you seek GOD’s direction today?


No comments:

Post a Comment