Ezekiel 2: 4 The people to whom I am sending you are obstinate and stubborn. Say to them, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says.’ 5 And whether they listen or fail to listen—for they are a rebellious people—they will know that a prophet has been among them. 6 And you, son of man, do not be afraid of them or their words. Do not be afraid, though briers and thorns are all around you and you live among scorpions. Do not be afraid of what they say or be terrified by them, though they are a rebellious people.
“Take over this ministry at work” someone said to me. One person was supposed to speak an encouraging message over voice mail daily and they wanted me to be that volunteer every once in a while. “We’ll see” was my response meaning “No” in reality. I mean what would those above me think?
- There were times I have hidden my relationship with GOD because of my ambitions.
- There were times when I thought it was better to completely separate my beliefs from the workplace and only share them in a couple of hours on weekends.
- There were times when I thought it was not popular to speak about GOD so I didn’t.
I figured people would know my beliefs simply because of my actions. I mean I’m a pretty “good” person, right? Wrong! My actions were no better than the next and no one could tell I was any different than other people who supported “charities.” Something had to change.
- GOD said to me “Go serve MY people and feed MY sheep.”
- GOD said to me “Do not be afraid of what they say or be terrified by them, though they are a rebellious people.”
- GOD said to me “I AM the first and the last, careers are so far beneath MY blessings.”
No matter what the situation is, GOD wants me to make it known that I AM HIS. HE wants me to not only show examples, but open my mouth in tough situations and say “GOD should decide the path.” Too many times “money” has decided the path when GOD should have. HE wants more shepherds to bring people to HIS ark. The laborers are few and HE wants me to be one.
- Are you ashamed of GOD?
- Do you feel you should not mix your beliefs where you learn, work or hang out?
- Why are you silent about GOD?
- Can you open your mouth about GOD in spite of what’s going on around you?