Mark 8: 22 Then He came to Bethsaida; and they brought a blind man to Him, and begged Him to touch him. So He took the blind man by the hand and led him out of the town. And when He had spit on his eyes and put His hands on him, He asked him if he saw anything.
“Come back in about a week” the doctor said to me after the surgery. He wanted to see if the wound was healing as expected. When I went back, the wound was healing but I was still in a lot of pain.
- Sometimes I want to be healed instantly.
- Sometimes I want the pain to go away immediately.
- Sometimes I want to be finished with the pain and to get on with the healing.
What stuck out to me in this passage is JESUS did not heal the blind man instantly; instead HE took a couple of tries to restore the blind man’s eyes. What does this mean for me?
- GOD says to me “I have a plan to prosper you, but you will go through trials to get there.”
- GOD says to me “I will continue to grow you but the growth process will not be instantaneous.”
- GOD says to me “I will be there with you always even through times of trouble.”
After hearing stories of JESUS healing people without touching them, I’m sure the blind man expected to be instantly healed, but he wasn’t. JESUS showed me that some problems will be cleared up instantly and some may take a while. There is a process to healing and GOD governs the timing.
- Have you prayed for healing and it is taking longer than expected?
- Do you feel like giving up on prayer and running away fro GOD?
- Will you allow GOD to heal you in HIS time so you can praise HIM to many people?