Matthew 2: 13 When they had gone, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream. “Get up,” he said, “take the child and his mother and escape to Egypt. Stay there until I tell you, for Herod is going to search for the child to kill him.”
14 So he got up, took the child and his mother during the night and left for Egypt, 15 where he stayed until the death of Herod. And so was fulfilled what the Lord had said through the prophet: “Out of Egypt I called my son.”
“Shoot him” were the words I heard as I dashed to the safety of the bowling alley. Our instincts had kicked in and standing to fight an outnumbered crowd was not the option for me or my friend. After waiting a while I could hear something that said “go check on your friend now, he is safe.” I found him and we went home together.
- There have been some very dangerous times in my life.
- There have been some times that I have faced some extreme life threatening situations.
- There have been some moments when I did not think I would make it.
“Fight or flee” comes to mind when faced with danger. I chose to flee that time and hoped for the best. Looking back on this extreme situation I could only see one thing, GOD.
- GOD protects me on a daily basis.
- GOD protects me from those who try to harm me.
- GOD protects me in extremely dangerous situations.
Since GOD has a plan for me, HE wants me to continue so HE protects me to fulfill that plan. HE guards me from dangers I am not aware of and for that I am eternally grateful.
- Are you mad about something?
- Do you feel upset?
- Can you stop your anger for a moment long enough to praise GOD for HIS protection?
- Will you thank GOD for HIS wonderful plan for you?