Matthew 3: 13 Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptized by John. 14 But John tried to deter him, saying, “I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?”
15 Jesus replied, “Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness.” Then John consented.
16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”
“Traffic will hit our kids and increase crime” was the gist of my note to the mayor. It was so nice and peaceful seeing the deer and critters near our house, but the road had been planned before we got there and the neighbors and I tried to fight it. Once the road was finished, it actually saved me ten minutes off my commute. Sometimes GOD does the same.
- There are some things in life that I don’t like.
- There are some things in life that seem wrong to me.
- There are some things in life that I do not agree with but when they are in place I can see things differently.
Change is never a welcome visitor. Sometimes when I fight change, I lose sleep worrying about the future. That is my flaw. I may not see GOD in the middle of the change. John could only see his own need and argued with JESUS about not being worthy of baptizing HIM. He could not see that JESUS needed to do this in order to fulfill scripture. John was in the way of progress.
- GOD has a plan for me that sometimes seems strange.
- GOD has a plan for me that sometimes requires change.
- GOD has a plan for me that is supreme and divine.
I understand John’s hesitance. GOD asking a mere human to baptize HIM seems to be a bit strange. BUT GOD’s plan always works and sometimes my blindness to HIS plan is a deterrent. I want to play it safe instead of jumping out there and following HIM. HE wants my full attention to HIS plan without a fight. HE makes me successful.
- Are you fighting GOD on something?
- Can you learn to be content with where HE has you?
- Will you allow GOD to keep you where you are or to change you to a new place in HIS timing?