Matthew 3: 8 Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. 9 And do not think you can say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham. 10 The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.
Listening intently in the meeting, I picked through all of the rough parts of the conversation to hear what was needed. I formulated a plan and executed it without flaw. Observers were impressed and gave me a raise, promotion and a bonus!
- There have been times I when worked hard for the world.
- There have been times I when put a lot of effort into obtaining wealth.
- There have been times I when monopolized my time with helping the rich get richer.
You have had a “fruitful” career someone once said to me, but what is “fruit?” I mean if “fruit” is making people wealthy who could care less about the poor, then yes I did that. BUT GOD’s fruit is quite different.
- GOD wants me to bear the fruit of appreciation of HIS creation.
- GOD wants me to bear the fruit of thoughtfulness of those who are truly seeking HIM.
- GOD wants me to bear the fruit of passion for HIS kingdom.
Recognition that I am here today and gone tomorrow means that I am not trying to leave a legacy to myself, rather I am trying to put people on GOD’s path so they can carry on HIS plan. Bearing fruit is important to GOD. HE loves that I “believe” in HIS existence but wants much more.
GOD wants me to act upon my belief, bearing fruit whenever and wherever HE sends me. HIS kingdom has to be foremost in my mind so HE can draw those HE desires towards HIMSELF.
- Are you bearing human fruit or GODLY fruit?
- Do you spend most of your time working and are too exhausted to mention GOD during your day?
- Can people see GOD in you?
- Will you step back from bearing worldly fruit for just a moment and bear GOD’s fruit today?