Matthew 6: 25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
“Oh no, my life is ruined!” I thought to myself. I started calculating what would happen to my life now that I failed the class. “If I don’t graduate in this particular major, then I won’t get good paying job, then I will be stuck being a janitor the rest of my life!” was my dramatic line of thinking.
- When I worry I think the worst will happen.
- When I worry I think of all kinds of bad things that could happen.
- When I worry I take it a step further and turn it into panic and start reacting to those who are worried around me.
Worry is an evil incessant foe. It rears its ugly head to distract, not only me, but many around me. It invites its friends “panic” and “fear” to join in on the party and soon I found myself blaming GOD for all my ills. “If YOU would have just given me the answers to the test, then I would not be in this mess!” was my immature thought after not studying.
- GOD says to me “You are more valuable than all the animals I feed daily.”
- GOD says to me “Seek MY kingdom first on a daily basis and MY righteousness and I will feed and clothe you.”
- GOD says to me “Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.”
Tomorrow is GOD’s domain and I have not right to be in it at all. GOD wants me to stay in “today” where have an opportunity to praise HIM, serve HIM and be guided by HIM. A sigh of relief comes out of my mouth as I do not have to think about “tomorrow” for today I seek GOD.
- Are you worried?
- Do you think your worry can change things?
- Can you stop worrying for a few moments and praise GOD so HE can help you think straight?