Friday, January 27, 2017

You Will Be Recognized

Matthew 7: 15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17 Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

============

Lying had become a habit to “fit in.” Whatever the subject, I could come up with a story that showed I had either done it, or known someone who did. Then one of my lying friends said something profound about himself… “I’m lying so much that I had to ask myself, what do I have to gain by this particular lie?”

  • Many times I have bared bad fruit.
  • Many times I have tried to fit in rather than stand out for good.
  • Many times I have desired to be what the crowd wanted me to be and I was on a road to destruction.


Nervous and directionless I placed “fitting in” over GOD’s path. Soon I became the center of attention but to what end? When I finally turned back to GOD, “my” crowd looked at me like I was living yet another lie. BUT GOD saw something different.

  • GOD showed me that it is never too late to bear good fruit.
  • GOD explained to me that I can stop baring bad fruit and start baring HIS gracious fruit.
  • GOD endeared to me that HIS fruit is much better than the world’s fruit.


“Okay LORD I will follow YOUR ways” was my step towards maturity. It took some practice and I failed over and over, but eventually GOD gave me the courage to tell the truth. Once I bared my faults I bared good fruit and GOD was well pleased.

  • How are you recognized?
  • Do people see GOD when they see you or do they only see you?
  • Can you stop trying to bear selfish fruit and seek GOD’s amazing fruit?


No comments:

Post a Comment