Friday, February 17, 2017

Called and Authorized


Matthew 10: Jesus called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority to drive out impure spirits and to heal every disease and sickness.

============

From “nobody special” to “purpose filled,” JESUS saw HIS disciples and gave them a mission. They weren’t supposed to sit and study HIM or read scripture about HIM. They were given a task so great that it would turn the world upside down.

  • JESUS called HIS disciples to meet people who had serious problems.
  • JESUS called HIS disciples to seek those who needed HIM.
  • JESUS called HIS disciples to drive out impure spirits and to heal every disease and sickness.


Why give this group of unknowns this amazing power? I mean, won’t people start following them like they were gods? No! Following JESUS was a crime subject to death, so those who accepted this calling knew they were going to be persecuted and ostracized by friends and family.

  • GOD calls me to spread HIS great news.
  • GOD calls me to drive out impure spirits.
  • GOD calls me to heal every disease and sickness.


Wait a minute! I don’t know how to do most of those things. I don’t have any special powers to fight demons or heal people by touching them, or do I? When GOD called me, HE gave me the ability to have faith in HIS power. According to the measure of my faith, GOD somehow draws people to HIMSELF through my service to HIM.

If HE needs someone to be healed in order for them to believe in HIM, then whether I know HE healed them through me or not is none of my business. Seeking credit for healing a person is not the purpose. GOD wants me to simply be present around the sick, diseased and impure. Once I’m there, HE does the rest. GOD gives me purpose.

  • Are you called?
  • When is the last time you have sought out people who need healing?
  • Will you allow GOD to place you in situations where HE can use HIS powers though your presence today?


No comments:

Post a Comment