Monday, February 20, 2017

Not Holding Back

Matthew 10: As you go, proclaim this message: ‘The kingdom of heaven has come near.’ Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.

============

Safe is how I felt when I attended Bible study. Everyone in the room was eager to learn and we enjoyed each other’s time and company. I did not get a sense of competition, back-stabbing or slander from anyone. I could relax.
 
  • Being around those who believe in CHRIST is safe.
  • Being around those who believe in CHRIST the way I do is safer.
  • Being around those who believe in CHRIST and looks like me and acts like me, is safest.


After a while I noticed I was hanging very safe people. None of these people resembled any danger whatsoever. No one hurt me or called me names… safe. BUT GOD wanted something else.

  • GOD wants me to take a risk and proclaim this message “The kingdom of heaven is near.”
  • GOD wants me to leave “safety” and go where there is turmoil.
  • GOD wants me to give freely the gift of salvation that HE has graciously bestowed on me.


When I was around all of the “good” people I noticed I stopped confessing my ills and only focused on learning. Don’t get me wrong, learning about CHRIST is noble, however, why learn? GOD wants me to be balanced. HE desires that I not only learn of HIM, but put it into action.

GOD sends me to people every single day. If I cannot speak directly to them, I can pray for them from a distance. HE has given me gifts and talents that HE expects me to use so HIS message can be heard. I should not hold anything back when I “go.”

  • Are you proclaiming GOD’s message to safe people?
  • Have you been hurt by the world and are scared to go proclaim GOD’s message to those who need it?
  • Can you stop playing it safe and go spread GOD’s message today?


No comments:

Post a Comment