Matthew 10: 11 Whatever town or village you enter, search there for some worthy person and stay at their house until you leave. 12 As you enter the home, give it your greeting. 13 If the home is deserving, let your peace rest on it; if it is not, let your peace return to you. 14 If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet. 15 Truly I tell you, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town.
“Come on, let’s go out and witness to people” were words I did not want to hear. I mean why go out and “force” people to believe what I believe, was my thought. Besides, “who am I that they might listen to me?”
- Sometimes I doubt my calling by GOD.
- Sometimes I hide my gifts and talents amongst the safe church people.
- Sometimes “I” do not want to be rejected so “I” hide the most important message.
Rejection feels awful especially when I have high expectations. When I approach someone with the message of CHRIST, I expect them to drop to their knees in tears screaming “I BELIEVE” instead I have been met with weird looks and was once cursed out. This “Spreading the Gospel” thing is harder than it looks.
- GOD wants me to build a community around those who need me.
- GOD wants me to reach out to my neighbor and seek to give them peace, if not for a moment.
- GOD wants me to give the words of peace as a representative of HIM, not me.
Each and every person placed in front of me is worthy of GOD’s redeeming message. I should not be afraid of giving a person “GOD’s peace” no matter how ornery they may be acting. I have to place it in my mind that if the person rejects the message, they are rejecting GOD, not me.
GOD sends me to many. I have to take the challenge out to the masses with love and peace. It will be up to them to accept or reject GOD.
- Are you trying to reach people?
- Do you feel “you” will be rejected so you do not try?
- Can you stop trying to look good before humans and change your mind and heart towards spreading GOD’s message of redemption?