Matthew 10: 24 “The student is not above the teacher, nor a servant above his master. 25 It is enough for students to be like their teachers, and servants like their masters. If the head of the house has been called Beelzebul, how much more the members of his household!
“What do YOU want from me?” has been a common question to GOD when I want something different than HIM. I mean can’t I have my fleet of private jets? “Why does that person get to have those?” is my jealous thought.
- Sometimes I am blinded by what others have.
- Sometimes I am jealous over the rich and powerful.
- Sometimes I point fingers at those in the news who flaunt their wealth in a bullying way.
Grousing at someone else makes me forget my purpose. When I am busy talking about what “that” person is doing or not doing, I am not presenting what I am supposed to be doing, namely following GOD.
- GOD wants me to teach HIS word on a daily basis.
- GOD wants me to show others the way to the Living GOD.
- GOD wants me to place a declaration on a household as either receiving HIM or rejecting HIM.
Now that last one seems a bit harsh but if GOD wants me to extend HIS grace to people and they reject HIS grace, then I am supposed to walk away and shake the dust off of my sandals, in other words, let GOD deal with them. I do not mean place a curse on the people, rather let them believe what they will believe.
GOD does not want forced relationships with HIS people rather willing ones. HE wants an “eyes wide open” relationship with me so I will know what I’m getting into. When I chose to follow HIM, HE is delighted. HE sends me out and says my students or employees are, at best, my equal. I should not be afraid to place HIS declaration on those who accept or reject HIM.
- Are you called?
- Does GOD want to send you out?
- Are you being prepared for something great?
- Can you hear that GOD is saying to you “Do not be afraid?”