Matthew 10: 19 But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say, 20 for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.
Wait, what? Is GOD’s expectation that I be arrested for HIM? Does HE expect me to be beaten and flogged for HIM? These were not words of expectation but prophesy. GOD was telling HIS disciples that they would be falsely accused, jailed and beaten as an example to make sure no one else proclaimed JESUS as LORD.
- There have been times when I have been falsely accused.
- There have been situations when I have been the butt of slander.
- There have been circumstances when I did not know what to do or say because I was profiled into a jail.
Extreme examples are what GOD needed then and now. I cannot say it will be necessary to be arrested for HIM, although sometimes HE does use this horrid situation to reach many. GOD told HIS disciples this for a reason.
- GOD wants me to expect things to go wrong in life so I can proclaim HIS name without faltering.
- GOD wants me to know I will be opposed in life so I can be prepared for the opposition.
- GOD wants me to be “Wise as serpents and harmless as doves”, knowing I will face people who do not like me.
Attention by an audience is what GOD wants. HE doesn’t want extremist harmful worship, rather peaceful statements that HE is LORD. Many people are afraid to say this because of money or lust for power. GOD turns to me and asks me to follow HIM in peaceful times and difficult times. I chose to proclaim HIM as LORD!
- Are you ostracized because of your beliefs in CHRIST?
- Do you feel you will be held back because of your boldness?
- Can you ask GOD to fortify your beliefs further so HE will speak through you at the right time?