Monday, February 27, 2017

You are of Great Value

Matthew 10: 26 “So do not be afraid of them, for there is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known. 27 What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs. 28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell. 29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care.  30 And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

============

Everyone else seemed to have some special skill, while I did not seem to have anything “special.” Some were good at sports while others were great writers yet others were incredible thinkers. I went to school with the strong and mighty, brainy and rich, beautiful and liked. I did not seem to have any of the above. Where did I fit?

  • There were times I did not feel I had any value.
  • There were times I felt everyone else had skills and I possessed none.
  • There were times I thought I could never “fit” into the crowd.


Walking through life, I felt afraid to meet people or sit at the “popular” table in fear of rejection. I mean what if they don’t like “me?” GOD says something very different.

  • GOD says to me “Do not be afraid of those who can kill the body but cannot kill the soul.”
  • GOD says to me “Be afraid of the ONE who can destroy both soul and body in hell.”
  • GOD says to me “Do not be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.”


“Worth” means I have value to GOD. When everyone around me is losing their heads and blaming it on me, GOD says to me “You are valuable to ME.” HE wants me to hear what HE whispers in my ear and proclaim it from my roof that “JESUS saved me from myself and the world!”

Health is also nothing to worry my head over. HE has that too! HE knows just how to fix my body and HE can heal any ill. GOD has given me a purpose and that is far more valuable than the acceptance any crowd can ever bring.

  • Do you feel afraid of the crowd?
  • Are you afraid of your job, your wealth or “that” person who is bullying you?
  • Can you confess your fears to GOD and ask HIM to guide you to a place of strength?
  • Will you accept a life of purpose from GOD so you can drop your fears of life?


No comments:

Post a Comment