Tuesday, May 2, 2017

First Thought

Matthew 15: 29 Jesus left there and went along the Sea of Galilee. Then he went up on a mountainside and sat down. 30 Great crowds came to him, bringing the lame, the blind, the crippled, the mute and many others, and laid them at his feet; and he healed them. 31 The people were amazed when they saw the mute speaking, the crippled made well, the lame walking and the blind seeing. And they praised the God of Israel.

============

From a distance I could see the trouble coming so I made plans. When my plans started to disintegrate I made mitigation plans. When they failed, I cried out to GOD! “LORD, What?!”

  • Sometimes I try to handle things on my own.
  • Sometimes I try to fix problems using my wits.
  • Sometimes I try to jump in and modify the situation.


I was amazed when GOD stepped in and answered my prayers, even ones I hadn’t asked. Amazed and shocked, I walked away delighted. This lasted until the next problem came up. I could see the trouble coming. “Wait, I have been through this before. What should I do?” was my thought.

  • GOD says to me “I AM the first and the last, the Alpha and Omega.”
  • GOD says to me “Seek ME first and you will be blessed.”
  • GOD says to me “I AM the way, the truth and the life.”

Great crowds brought their hurting, broken and ailing friends and relatives to JESUS, maybe as a last ditch effort. They were amazed that this even worked!

I have noticed a difference in trouble patterns when I add CHRIST first. When I see the trouble coming from a distance, GOD wants me to cry out to HIM first, even if it is a false alarm. HE wants me to cry out with tiny issues and large. During the storm, GOD wants me to praise HIM!
  • What is your first thought when trouble hits?
  • When you see the slightest sign of trouble, can you turn to GOD?
  • Will you seek GOD first today instead of following your own plans?




No comments:

Post a Comment