Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Heavenly Words

Matthew 16: 17 Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven. 18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.” 20 Then he ordered his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Messiah.

============

With a towel tucked into the back of my shirt, I immediately transformed into a flying superhero! My neighbor would try to blast me with their death ray and claim my demise. I would retort with “Uh uhn! I had my shield up that bounces off your death ray!” Apparently I also had the super power of words, because that worked.

  • When I was younger I wanted super powers.
  • When I was a child I wanted special abilities.
  • When I was immature I wanted to be a hero who saved everyone.


Peter was given a very special ability to speak and make supernatural things happen, but it came with a special focus. His super power was to point people to the “church” which is CHRIST JESUS. With mere words he was able to capture souls or turn away evil.

The FATHER has revealed JESUS as the Messiah to Peter and the basis of Peter’s exclamation “YOU are the CHRIST” was the foundation of the church. Peter now had super powers to say this and have people believe in JESUS.

  • GOD has given me super powers to speak about HIS kingdom.
  • GOD has given me supernatural abilities to make heavenly things happen on earth.
  • GOD has given me special talents that only I can do to reach certain people.


Having these super powers comes with super responsibility. Every word out of my mouth has to be put in heaven first. I mean, I should be slow to speak and think about what I am saying. I should then ask GOD for the right words and move accordingly. My thinking and belief should follow HIS guidance. I see GOD’s words are much more powerful than any super hero can be!

  • Do you want to be considered “special?”
  • Would you like supernatural abilities?
  • Can you start believing in GOD and speaking about HIS SON in a faithful way today?


No comments:

Post a Comment