Matthew 17: 22 When they came together in Galilee, he said to them, “The Son of Man is going to be delivered into the hands of men. 23 They will kill him, and on the third day he will be raised to life.” And the disciples were filled with grief.
“We are going to leave you here while we do some business so you can play with the other children” my parents said to me. I was highly upset and began to cry. When I got older I had to go with them to do errands. “Will this ever end? I want to play with my friends” I thought to myself.
- Sometimes I miss the initial message of good news.
- Sometimes I think everything is crumbling when it actually is bright and cheery.
- Sometimes the bad news is all I hear even when the good news is coupled with it.
JESUS was a miracle machine! HE was healing people left and right. Mobs gathered to wait for HIM to hear HIM speak. They just knew HE would someday be a king, but in an earthly sense. When they heard the news of HIS impending death they were “filled with grief.” BUT GOD had a much better plan.
- GOD’s plans for me are always better than I could ever imagine.
- GOD’s plans for me are higher than I could ever think of.
- GOD’s plans for me are to prosper me in HIS way and in HIS time.
JESUS had to be blamed and murdered in order to fulfill all prophecy spoken about HIM. HE remained sinless to be worthy enough to open the scroll of judgment on the earth. By HIS death and resurrection humanity could be saved. This is far better than a temporary king who would die off in a few years.
GOD wants me to hear HIS wonderful message even when bad news comes. HIS message to me is “I love you.”
- Have you recently received bad news?
- Do you replay bad news over and over in your head?
- Can you stop thinking about the negative thoughts for a moment to listen to GOD’s message of grace and love for you?