Thursday, May 4, 2017

No Questions Asked


Matthew 15: 33 His disciples answered, “Where could we get enough bread in this remote place to feed such a crowd?”

34 “How many loaves do you have?” Jesus asked.

“Seven,” they replied, “and a few small fish.”

35 He told the crowd to sit down on the ground. 36 Then he took the seven loaves and the fish, and when he had given thanks, he broke them and gave them to the disciples, and they in turn to the people. 37 They all ate and were satisfied. Afterward the disciples picked up seven basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over. 38 The number of those who ate was four thousand men, besides women and children. 39 After Jesus had sent the crowd away, he got into the boat and went to the vicinity of Magadan.

============

Eight to ten thousand people were fed by seven loaves of bread and a few small, sardine like fish. I would imagine they had no idea a miracle was happening. They were probably too elated that their family and friends were now seeing and walking and healed of their ailment.


  • GOD loves performing miracles around me that I do not notice.
  • GOD loves when I am elated by what HE has done in my life.
  • GOD loves showing me compassion even when I think I don’t deserve it.

What I noticed about this slice of history is JESUS never asked the crowd any questions. HE asked HIS disciples a question about the amount of food probably to make sure they knew what was about to happen was a miracle. But HE never asks the crowd what they would do with the bread or if they deserved it.

HE did not try to ration it to more needy families nor did HE hoard it for the rich and wealthy. JESUS simply gave thanks and then gave bread and fish to those who were delighted in HIM.


  • JESUS wants me to delight in HIM daily.
  • JESUS wants me to be fed on a daily basis.
  • JESUS wants me to have abundance even when I do not notice it.

HE sent the crowd away and I never heard anyone saying “Thanks” to HIM for the food. They did praise HIM and acknowledged HIM as GOD and that was enough for JESUS. I praise HIM and acknowledge HIM as my savior and GOD today.


  • Are you busy looking for a miracle?
  • When is the last time your heart was filled with delight?
  • Can you seek delight in GOD instead of looking for a miracle?
  • When you are being generous, can you stop asking questions about how much they deserve what you are giving?

No comments:

Post a Comment