Matthew 21: 6 The disciples went and did as Jesus had instructed them. 7 They brought the donkey and the colt and placed their cloaks on them for Jesus to sit on. 8 A very large crowd spread their cloaks on the road, while others cut branches from the trees and spread them on the road. 9 The crowds that went ahead of him and those that followed shouted,
“Hosanna to the Son of David!”
“Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!”
“Hosanna in the highest heaven!”
10 When Jesus entered Jerusalem, the whole city was stirred and asked, “Who is this?”
11 The crowds answered, “This is Jesus, the prophet from Nazareth in Galilee.”
Noise in the lunchroom was different this particular day. There was a rhythmic beat along with a chant against a rival school. I did not want to act like a freshman, although I was, so I joined in on the celebration. It took a little practice, but soon I was able to chant like the other sports hounds!
- Cheering with a crowd takes practice.
- Cheering with a purpose can sometimes be fun.
- Cheering with a group can raise the level of excitement in the air!
Hope is what the city wanted and JESUS was the provider of that hope. HE rode into Jerusalem as the KING of kings and LORD of lords. After all those years of prophecy, the ONE who would save the world was here!
- GOD wants me to practice cheering about HIM on earth.
- GOD wants me to praise HIM on a daily basis.
- GOD wants me to shout towards HIM, about HIM and because of HIM!
Praise takes practice but sometimes complaints gets in the way of my praise. I shout at the crazy driver and murmur about the coworker who is acting political. BUT GOD wants my praise. HE can handle my prayer about problems but HE definitely wants and deserves praise for dying in my place. JESUS is my savior; in HIM I place my trust!
- Are you complaining a lot?
- Do you cheer at concerts or sporting events but do not cheer for GOD?
- Can you practice cheering for GOD starting today?