Monday, June 19, 2017

Leaving Home


Matthew 19: 27 Peter answered him, “We have left everything to follow you! What then will there be for us?”

28 Jesus said to them, “Truly I tell you, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 29 And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life. 30 But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first.

============

Sun glared in my face as I drove to my new town. I was just about to start my new job and I was finally on my own. The reason I was leaving home seemed to be clear at the time. I was supposed to work like everyone else, right?

  • In the past I put a tremendous emphasis on work.
  • In the past I place a high amount of effort on work.
  • In the past I studied for jobs, begged for jobs and lost sleep over jobs.


Employment was the number one thing on my mind. I was groomed by people to be employed at “higher” levels. There was nothing more important than employment, or was it?

  • GOD wants me to leave my home for a purpose, namely HIM.
  • GOD wants me to leave my home for a single reason, for HIM.
  • GOD wants me to leave my home for HIS sake so that I will inherit eternal life.


Following GOD means losing my life. I can pursue all the riches of the world, becoming “first” and lose my soul. BUT GOD did not want that for me, HE died specifically for me so that I would live. Because of HIS resurrection HE will renew all things and with my belief I will be there with HIM. Leaving home should be celebrated by all if my pursuit is for GOD.

  • Why did you leave home?
  • Are your pursuits inclusive of GOD?
  • Can you reduce your ambitions to include GOD’s ambitions in your life today?


No comments:

Post a Comment