Matthew 18: 15 “Moreover if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother. 16 But if he will not hear, take with you one or two more, that ‘by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.’ 17 And if he refuses to hear them, tell it to the church. But if he refuses even to hear the church, let him be to you like a heathen and a tax collector.
“This guy has to go” I thought to myself. In the meeting I allowed him to make mistakes on his facts. I knew he would snoop around my desk, so I laid a trap with false information. It took time to develop the fake report but it was worth it!
- I have been a coward when it came to confrontation.
- I have been selfish when it came to dealing with someone I did not like.
- I have been foolish when it came to helping instead of hurting.
Telling my peers how wrong this guy was became a pastime. I wonder how many hours I spent trying to get rid of this person or wasting my breath talking about him. Not once did I approach him.
- GOD wants me to be brave enough to confront “that” person in love.
- GOD wants me to bring witnesses; otherwise my wicked heart may bring up slander.
- GOD wants me to seek restoration versus demise and destruction.
I do not have to be a pushover if someone has wronged me. I should confront them, seeking restoration. If they refuse to listen then I should escalate the issue to those who also seek restoration.
Seeking demise and destruction hurts “that” person, myself and more. Nothing good comes from slander. GOD wants me to seek restoration so HIS work can be done.
- Are you speaking negatively about someone behind their back?
- Are you waiting for their next mistake so you can talk bad about them?
- Will you stop desiring their demise before GOD brings that same demise on you?
- Will you have the faith that GOD will deal with that person in HIS way and HIS time?