Friday, October 6, 2017

Covering Power


Matthew 28: 11 While the women were on their way, some of the guards went into the city and reported to the chief priests everything that had happened.12 When the chief priests had met with the elders and devised a plan, they gave the soldiers a large sum of money, 13 telling them, “You are to say, ‘His disciples came during the night and stole him away while we were asleep.’ 14 If this report gets to the governor, we will satisfy him and keep you out of trouble.” 15 So the soldiers took the money and did as they were instructed. And this story has been widely circulated among the Jews to this very day.

============

Stepping into the house, I went to get the meat I prepared to put on the grill for the friends who had arrived. Engrossed in conversation I forgot to watch the fire and it grew a little more than I desired. I quickly ran outside and put the lid on the grill which doused the flame. I brought the meat out, took the lid off and the flames jumped out even more than before!

Covering up fire is similar to the cover up the guards were trying to do. They tried to cover up the greatest thing that happened in the history of all humans. The more they covered it up the faster the message spread.

  • GOD wants me to continue the message of JESUS’ resurrection with the same fervor.
  • GOD wants me to tell the world of JESUS’ resurrection as if it happened a few minutes ago.
  • GOD wants me to speak to many about JESUS because apathy has set in.


“When will JESUS return?”, people wonder. Few sermons are preached on what will come because so many have died saying the same thing that the message falls on deaf ears. BUT GOD says different. HE wants me to act like this very day is the day so I should not waste it.

HE allows me to pursue dreams but wants me to ask for HIS guidance and direction. HE says go out and make disciples of the many I will give you.  My dreams must include a plan to tell people about HIM to break through the cover up.

  • Are you distracted by what the world offers?
  • Has the notion of JESUS’ return become a boring story for you?
  • Can you pursue your dreams while carrying the message of GOD with you somehow?


No comments:

Post a Comment