Monday, October 30, 2017

Overwhelmed

Mark 3: But Jesus withdrew with His disciples to the sea. And a great multitude from Galilee followed Him, and from Judea and Jerusalem and Idumea and beyond the Jordan; and those from Tyre and Sidon, a great multitude, when they heard how many things He was doing, came to Him. So He told His disciples that a small boat should be kept ready for Him because of the multitude, lest they should crush Him. 10 For He healed many, so that as many as had afflictions pressed about Him to touch Him. 11 And the unclean spirits, whenever they saw Him, fell down before Him and cried out, saying, “You are the Son of God.” 12 But He sternly warned them that they should not make Him known.

============

With a troubled heart I woke in the middle of the night. Papers were due, bill collectors were calling, and my car was broken down. It was raining that day. I sneezed and my nose began to bleed. The episode seemed to last forever, but eventually gave way. I sat there overwhelmed.

  • Sometimes I feel pressure.
  • Sometimes I feel pressed on all sides.
  • Sometimes I feel like so much is coming at me.


JESUS was literally overwhelmed with the crowds from all the surrounding cities. Word had spread about this healer and everyone wanted in on the action. JESUS understood their needs and healed them but HIS purpose was more than temporary healing.

  • JESUS became a human to die for my sins.
  • JESUS became a human so HE could be the sinless one to pay for my sins.
  • JESUS became a human to empathize, sympathize and show compassion for me.


The people who surrounded JESUS did not understand HIS purpose at the time. Demons wanted to reveal HIS true purpose probably to throw people off, for if they knew HE was and is GOD they may not have killed HIM.  JESUS withdrew by boat to continue on HIS true journey.

HE understands when I get overwhelmed, in fact HE expects it. HE knows just how much I can handle and HE sends relief at just the right time. JESUS is my Savior on earth and eternity.

  • Are you overwhelmed?
  • Do you feel like giving up?
  • Can you take a moment to slip away and take a break so you can return rejuvenated to serve CHRIST?


No comments:

Post a Comment