Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Pep Talk


Mark 1:At that time Jesus came from Nazareth in Galilee and was baptized by John in the Jordan. 10 Just as Jesus was coming up out of the water, he saw heaven being torn open and the Spirit descending on him like a dove. 11 And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.”

12 At once the Spirit sent him out into the wilderness, 13 and he was in the wilderness forty days, being tempted[g] by Satan. He was with the wild animals, and angels attended him.

============

“What if I lose” ran through my mind as I got ready for my first race. I must have had the look of terror on my face because my teammates started talking to me. “You can do this!” they screamed. I shook off my nervous jitters and ran the race.

  • Sometimes I need a pep talk.
  • Sometimes I need to be encouraged.
  • Sometimes I need someone to say “You can do it!”


JESUS publicly showed HIS ministry by being baptized. This ministry would be far more than healing people of their physical ailments. HE needed to die and be blamed for every sin that ever happened. The FATHER gave HIM a pep talk by saying “YOU are MY SON, whom I love; with YOU I AM well pleased.”

  • JESUS knows I need words of comfort.
  • JESUS knows I need words of encouragement.
  • JESUS knows I need words to pick me up when I am down.


“LORD guide me” are my words to HIM and HE does just that on a daily basis. When those around me are petrified and cannot console me, HE is there to pick me up. HE knows how I am tempted because HE faced temptations of every kind, yet HE resisted. HE gave me the HOLY SPIRIT who speaks on my behalf.

JESUS went through great lengths to protect me. All I can do is praise HIM!

  • Are you feeling down?
  • Do you need a pep talk?
  • Can you understand that JESUS loves you and is well pleased with you?”


No comments:

Post a Comment