Thursday, October 26, 2017

Setting Plots

Mark: And He entered the synagogue again, and a man was there who had a withered hand. So they watched Him closely, whether He would heal him on the Sabbath, so that they might accuse Him. And He said to the man who had the withered hand, “Step forward.” Then He said to them, “Is it lawful on the Sabbath to do good or to do evil, to save life or to kill?” But they kept silent. And when He had looked around at them with anger, being grieved by the hardness of their hearts, He said to the man, “Stretch out your hand.” And he stretched it out, and his hand was restored as whole as the other. Then the Pharisees went out and immediately plotted with the Herodians against Him, how they might destroy Him.

============

From sneaky bosses to sneaky workers I remember setting plots to catch them in the act. I spent numerous hours setting traps containing fake information left precariously on my desk. I would then tell the powers that be to watch out for this fake info. I caught a couple of rats.

  • There were times when I sought to be right.
  • There were times when I looked for others to be wrong.
  • There were times when I searched for the bad in people so I could catch them in the act.


Looking for the bad in others had become a norm for me. Suspicions, doubts and sub-plots all danced in my head as I raised my shields and dropped my trust. BUT GOD wanted something different.

  • GOD wanted me to seek the lost no matter how shady.
  • GOD wanted me to look for those who want to follow HIM but may be caught in the way of the world.
  • GOD wanted me to search for the good in people rather than seeing their obvious faults.


When I started looking for the good in people, it was hard to find. I mean that same homeless person was outwardly counting a roll of money in front of me; meanwhile I was eating peanut butter and jelly for lunch! GOD said to me “Drop your judgement on them too. Forgive those as I have forgiven you.”

Instead of setting traps, GOD wants me to set training. HE wants me to wish the best for the scoundrel and train those who desire to follow HIM in HIS ways. HE wants me to seek the lost.

  • Are you suspicious of people?
  • Is your trust in others low?
  • Can you stop looking for the bad in people and search for those who are seeking GOD today?


No comments:

Post a Comment