Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Think Like One

Matthew 27: 62 The next day, the one after Preparation Day, the chief priests and the Pharisees went to Pilate. 63 “Sir,” they said, “we remember that while he was still alive that deceiver said, ‘After three days I will rise again.’ 64 So give the order for the tomb to be made secure until the third day. Otherwise, his disciples may come and steal the body and tell the people that he has been raised from the dead. This last deception will be worse than the first.”

65 “Take a guard,” Pilate answered. “Go, make the tomb as secure as you know how.” 66 So they went and made the tomb secure by putting a seal on the stone and posting the guard.

============

“What will I say to them” ran through my mind. I thought up my “story” and worked it out in my mind. When I told the person what had “happened” they began to question and I had no good answers. My lie had not gone that far.

  • There were times when I lied to cover myself.
  • There were times when I made up stories just to be seen in a good light.
  • There were times when I tried to get others to say a lie with me.


Unfortunately for the Pharisees and chief priests, they were thinking like liars and thieves. They thought they could cover their murder by sealing the grave. They even agreed on their lie. GOD saw it all.

  • GOD wants me to tell the truth even when it hurts me.
  • GOD wants me to not hide my sin so others can be healed.
  • GOD wants me to stop being a fraudulent religious person and be transparent.


What good is it to be evil and attend church regularly? I mean on the outside I may look good, BUT GOD sees my heart. HE knows when I am covering something up and will not stand for it. “Every hidden thing will come to light” GOD says, so it is better to bring my sins to the surface than have GOD expose them in a more difficult way.

  • Are you covering something up?
  • Do you think your lie is not going to be found out?
  • Will you stop hiding your sin and confess it so GOD can use it for good?


No comments:

Post a Comment