Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Give Me Evidence!


Mark 8: 11 Then the Pharisees came out and began to dispute with Him, seeking from Him a sign from heaven, testing Him. 12 But He sighed deeply in His spirit, and said, “Why does this generation seek a sign? Assuredly, I say to you, no sign shall be given to this generation.”

============

“Do you accept CHRIST as your personal Savior?” I asked the man directly. He replied “Um, I don’t know. Can I get some food now?” This was my first and only conversation with the person and I was disappointed with the outcome. I mean people did not tell “me” if they were saved or not.

  • There were times when I sought confirmation that people around me were following GOD.
  • There were times when I looked for signs that the message “I” was teaching was sinking in.
  • There were times when I searched for evidence that people were following the message “I” said to them about GOD.


Seeking signs from JESUS was the number one fault of the Pharisees. They were high and mighty and needed proof from JESUS that HE was and is GOD. “Prove it to us” was their statement, demanding that GOD meet their expectations. BUT GOD said something different.

  • GOD tells me “Do not put the LORD your GOD to test.”
  • GOD says to me “Believe in ME and you will be saved.”
  • GOD urges me by asking “Why do you seek a sign of MY love when I have died for you.”


“Show me a sign LORD” are words I have mistakenly said to GOD in moments of disbelief. No matter what GOD brought me through, it came back to questioning GOD’s love, power and sometimes HIS existence. Fortunately GOD was gracious enough to forgive my insecure immaturity.

HE wants to grow my faith on a daily basis. HE loves when I credit HIM with every move I make. GOD enjoys my thanks without requiring HIM to part oceans on a daily basis.

  • Are you in need of evidence from GOD?
  • Do you think HE should meet your expectations of should you meet HIS?
  • Will you stop looking for signs from GOD and thank HIM for all HE does for you daily?


No comments:

Post a Comment