Wednesday, March 31, 2010

GOD's timing is always right on time.

John 5:2Now there is in Jerusalem by the sheep gate a pool, which is called in Hebrew Bethesda, having five porticoes. 3In these lay a multitude of those who were sick, blind, lame, and withered, waiting for the moving of the waters; 4for an angel of the Lord went down at certain seasons into the pool and stirred up the water; whoever then first, after the stirring up of the water, stepped in was made well from whatever disease with which he was afflicted.

5A man was there who had been ill for thirty-eight years.

6When Jesus saw him lying there, and knew that he had already been a long time in that condition, He said to him, "Do you wish to get well?"

7The sick man answered Him, "Sir, I have no man to put me into the pool when the water is stirred up, but while I am coming, another steps down before me." 8Jesus said to him, "Get up, pick up your pallet and walk." 9Immediately the man became well, and picked up his pallet and began to walk. Now it was the Sabbath on that day.

====================================

I read this passage and realized that GOD has plans for all humans. HE desires that every human have the best so HE gave them HIS SON as the ultimate gift. HE knows that while we are on this planet, difficult things will happen.

There will be physical issues and spiritual issues. During these trial times I want things to be better right away, but that doesn't always happen. In fact there are many times that I have had to wait years before GOD changed circumstances.

I think that GOD was created for me instead of me being created for HIM sometimes. I get demanding of HIS powers and I want things to change in my timing. I have noticed that GOD moves in HIS time and in HIS methods.

The only thing I have to do is "trust the process." GOD has special plans that do not always seem like HE is thinking of me in the best way. I can't see that HE is orchestrating amazing situations for the good. I don't see that HE can use the difficult situations to bring many people to HIM.

  • When tragedy strikes GOD is there.
  • When trouble hits GOD protects me.
  • When trials flare up GOD plans the best for me.
  • When traps grab me GOD releases me and sends HIS comforter.

GOD does things in HIS time. It doesn't mean that HE could care less and does not hear me. I must remember that something bigger is going on in my life that only HE knows about. GOD seems to move slowly when I am in pain, but HIS cure is always right on time!

  • Are you waiting to be delivered from something?
  • Do you have physical or spiritual pain?
  • Can you trust that GOD is working on your circumstance?
  • Can you accept HIS answer even if it doesn't meet your expectations?

No comments:

Post a Comment