Thursday, April 1, 2010

Please don't judge me!

John 5:22Moreover, the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son, 23that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him.

24"I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life. 25I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live. 26For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son to have life in himself. 27And he has given him authority to judge because he is the Son of Man.

===================================

Okay, let me admit right now that I am a sinner. Whew! now that I got that off my chest I feel better. Over the years I realized that "ALL" sin will come out in the open no matter how much I try to hide it.

My sin that I think I do in private will be as public as being on the news. I was born a sinner so even when I don't sin I never deserve GOD's grace. My sinful nature sometimes demands that HE gives me grace and that HE does stuff for me and gives me stuff.

GOD just looks at me when I demand things from HIM and HE shows me grace. GOD the FATHER is amazing. HE is the most special FATHER anyone could have. HE gave all judgment to HIS SON JESUS and allowed JESUS to choose a sinner like me.

JESUS looks at all of my sin , hidden or overt and HE says "do you know the penalty?" I have to say back to HIM, "My sins should send me to hell." Then HE says "Don't worry, since you have heard my word, believed in the FATHER and ME, then you will have eternal life."

Wow! JESUS saved me from dying an eternal death. HE is the one who will judge mankind. So then I go on my merry way and I tell people about this great news. They see my excitement and they believe. This is great!

But then I saw someone who said they were a Christian commit sin. I was ready to jump on that person because the Bible says to tell people about their sins. After pouncing on a number of people I noticed that I wasn't drawing humans to GOD, I was repelling them.

I can't let people just go on sinning, what should I do? I have realized that I cannot reach everyone in the world so I have to reach the people HE has sent to me.

  • When I tell people about my sin GOD draws people to HIM.
  • When I tell people about my sin GOD helps them realize that they can be forgiven too.
  • When I tell people about my sin GOD melts their heart so they can believe in HIS SON.
  • When I tell people about my sin GOD says to them "there is hope for you too!"

I have attended churches where people are full of judgment. They wonder why all the "sinners" don't attend. They wonder why people are not listening to their message about CHRIST. Personally I believe that it is because JESUS doesn't need another judge. HE can do that HIMSELF.

  • Are you judging others without confessing to them sins you commit?
  • Have you told another person what they have done wrong without saying the wrong things you have done?
  • Are you drawing people to GOD or are they running away from you?
  • When is the last time you have talked about CHRIST to someone who isn't a Christian?Do you have any "true friends" who are not Christians?

No comments:

Post a Comment