Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Want the truth? Let the SPIRIT guide you!

John 16:7But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. 8When he comes, he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment: 9in regard to sin, because men do not believe in me; 10in regard to righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer; 11and in regard to judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned.

12"I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. 13But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you. 15All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will take from what is mine and make it known to you.

===============================


At the risk of sounding crazy I tell you that a voice tells me to do things. Well, that did sound a little crazy so I'll clean it up. I get an "urge" to do something. Sometimes the urge is from me, sometimes it's from my sinful nature and other times its from the HOLY SPIRIT.

How do I know which is which? I must tell you the truth this is a very difficult thing to break apart and understand but I will try.

  • I know the urge is "me" when I get sleepy
  • I know the urge is "me" when I get hungry
  • I know the urge is "me" when I feel rested and want to savor the moment.
  • I know the urge is "me" when I am creative

Wow... this is hard to separate.

  • I know the urge is "my sinful nature" when I want my way.
  • I know the urge is "my sinful nature" when I compare myself to others.
  • I know the urge is "my sinful nature" when I fear men more than GOD.
  • I know the urge is "my sinful nature" when I contemplate sin over righteousness.

Now here is the easier part.

  • I know the urge is "from the HOLY SPIRIT" when I get the desire to confess my sin to GOD.
  • I know the urge is "from the HOLY SPIRIT" when I hear scripture and it stops me from sinning.
  • I know the urge is "from the HOLY SPIRIT" when I do something for GOD that I didn't want to do like forgiving my enemy or spreading the gospel.
  • I know the urge is "from the HOLY SPIRIT" when I love someone as an act of worship instead of loving myself as an act of selfishness.

I forget about the HOLY SPIRIT sometimes. I drag HIM into my sin daily and HE goes to the FATHER and asks for forgiveness each and every day. HE talks to GOD in ways I can't possibly understand.

When Satan tries to accuse me for my sins, the HOLY SPIRIT appears in front of the thrown and pleads on my behalf. GOD placed HIS HOLY SPIRIT in me to protect me and comfort me. Though my body may be bruised "I" am not bruised. Though people try to insult me "I" am not insulted.

Confusing? I will try to explain. My body is temporary but "I" was created eternal. The HOLY SPIRIT protects the eternal "me" but the temporary "me" gravitates to sin and can be hurt, sad, confused and fooled.

GOD put HIS HOLY SPIRIT here to judge the world and convict it of sin. By believing in JESUS I am given the HOLY SPIRIT and I am no longer guilty. Now I have the ability to listen to the HOLY SPIRIT.

  • Are you listening to you or GOD?
  • Do you believe in the FATHER, SON and HOLY SPIRIT?
  • Where do your fears, lusts and selfishness originate?
  • Is there something you can give up today that the HOLY SPIRIT has prompted you to give up?

No comments:

Post a Comment