Monday, May 17, 2010

Are you GOD's tool?

Acts 7:30"After forty years had passed, an angel appeared to Moses in the flames of a burning bush in the desert near Mount Sinai. 31When he saw this, he was amazed at the sight. As he went over to look more closely, he heard the Lord's voice: 32'I am the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.' Moses trembled with fear and did not dare to look.

 
33"Then the Lord said to him, 'Take off your sandals; the place where you are standing is holy ground. 34I have indeed seen the oppression of my people in Egypt. I have heard their groaning and have come down to set them free. Now come, I will send you back to Egypt.'

  
35"This is the same Moses whom they had rejected with the words, 'Who made you ruler and judge?' He was sent to be their ruler and deliverer by God himself, through the angel who appeared to him in the bush. 36He led them out of Egypt and did wonders and miraculous signs in Egypt, at the Red Sea and for forty years in the desert.

 
==================================

I have felt like a "nobody" before. There were times in my life where I didn't think anyone noticed me. The world seemed to pass by me while I just sat and watched progress change things. "What is GOD doing?", I would ask. Well, GOD was doing some exciting things!

 
This is an exciting piece of history that gets me pumped up when I read it. GOD shows us that HE is in control of every situation that looks bleak. The people in control had just decreed all Israelite newborns should be put to death.

Through many miracles, GOD protected Moses for a special purpose. Moses had no clue what was in store for him. He was raised as an Egyptian. He was wealthy and had everything he could wish for. GOD however pierced Moses' heart and left an empty hole that only HE could fill.

 
Moses felt a need to get away from Egypt and to help the Israelites. He murdered someone who was doing wrong and ended up in the desert. The desert didn't look like a victorious place. In fact it was far from victorious.
  • In Egypt it is noisy.
  • In Egypt things seem to be going well when they really aren't.
  • In Egypt I accept oppression just to keep the little wealth I have.
  • In Egypt I am scared to move one way or the other.

 
Moses left Egypt and spent forty years in the desert. I have to tell you the truth, at one point in my life I couldn't spend one day in the desert, BUT GOD has shown me that the desert is a great place to prepare me for something "GREAT!"
  • In the desert people are alone with GOD.
  • In the desert it is quiet.
  • In the desert there are no distractions of wealth, greed and lust.
  • In the desert the dependence of GOD becomes greater.
  • In the desert I learn who GOD truly wants me to be.
 HE placed me in the "desert" many times in my life where I have to spend an extraordinary amount of time with just HIM and I. HE told Moses "Take off your sandals; The place you are standing is Holy ground." GOD didn't want anything man made between HIM and Moses.

 
HE also said "I AM sending you back to Egypt." You have got to be kidding! Go back to the noise, wealth and lust after YOU have sustained me in the desert? Yes, but this time with a purpose.
  • GOD has a special purpose for my life.
  • GOD sees a need that only I can fulfill.
  • GOD has protected my life and has prepared me for this point in time.
  • GOD is using my life to deliver people to HIM, just like HIS servant Moses.
I can now see that I am God's tool and my life is to be used by HIM as HE pleases. In the end it will all be good!
  • Are you in the desert?
  • What are you learning about GOD?
  • Can you see that HE is preparing you for something?
  • Do you realize that HE is not surprised about your circumstance?

No comments:

Post a Comment