Monday, May 24, 2010

GOD rescues us even when we don't know what's going on.

Acts 12:5So Peter was kept in prison, but the church was earnestly praying to God for him.

 
6The night before Herod was to bring him to trial, Peter was sleeping between two soldiers, bound with two chains, and sentries stood guard at the entrance. 7Suddenly an angel of the Lord appeared and a light shone in the cell. He struck Peter on the side and woke him up. "Quick, get up!" he said, and the chains fell off Peter's wrists.

 
8Then the angel said to him, "Put on your clothes and sandals." And Peter did so. "Wrap your cloak around you and follow me," the angel told him. 9Peter followed him out of the prison, but he had no idea that what the angel was doing was really happening; he thought he was seeing a vision. 10They passed the first and second guards and came to the iron gate leading to the city. It opened for them by itself, and they went through it. When they had walked the length of one street, suddenly the angel left him.

 
11Then Peter came to himself and said, "Now I know without a doubt that the Lord sent his angel and rescued me from Herod's clutches and from everything the Jewish people were anticipating."

============================================
 

 
Sometimes I don't think GOD is listening to me. Things seem hopeless so during those times I give up. I mean, as far as I can see, the situation “at that time” seems to be quite impossible.

 
Then GOD delivers me and I go on my merry way. Then another problem would pop up and that issue would seem impossible and guess what? HE would deliver me from that. GOD has done some amazing things in my life.

 
  • GOD protected me in dangerous situations.
  • GOD led me when I had no direction.
  • GOD raised me up to heights I never would have dreamed.
  • GOD picked me up when I fell from those heights.

 
Peter was in prison in an impossible situation. He was sentenced to death and for days he awaited his impending doom. GOD had another plan for Peter. GOD sent an angel to rescue him and Peter couldn't believe it.

 
Peter was miraculously being rescued by GOD but he was going through the motions and had no idea that he was truly being rescued. He had lost all hope and was just sitting there. What else could he do? Meanwhile on the outside, people prayed "earnestly" for his release.

 
  • GOD hears my prayers and your prayers.
  • GOD has a plan to rescue me even before I get into trouble.
  • GOD has a time for my rescue that is just in time and right on time.

 
Sometimes I try and try so hard to get myself out of impossible situations. I pray "at" GOD then I go on with my plans, never once asking HIM "is this the direction YOU want me to go?" Peter listened to the angel and didn't have a clue what was really going on.

 
It wasn't Peter's "lack of faith" that put him in jail and it wasn't his faith that got him out. GOD's plan for Peter was greater than any jail. HIS plan for me is greater than any problem I face on this planet.

 

  • Are you facing an impossible situation?
  • Do things seem to be falling apart and you have no way to fix them?
  • Are you exhausted from trying too hard?
  • Do you realize that GOD still performs miracles like the one performed for Peter?
  • What is GOD's plan for you? Have you asked HIM?

No comments:

Post a Comment