Friday, May 28, 2010

Joy in spite of trouble.

Acts 16:22The crowd joined in the attack against Paul and Silas, and the magistrates ordered them to be stripped and beaten. 23After they had been severely flogged, they were thrown into prison, and the jailer was commanded to guard them carefully. 24Upon receiving such orders, he put them in the inner cell and fastened their feet in the stocks.


 

25About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them. 26Suddenly there was such a violent earthquake that the foundations of the prison were shaken. At once all the prison doors flew open, and everybody's chains came loose. 27The jailer woke up, and when he saw the prison doors open, he drew his sword and was about to kill himself because he thought the prisoners had escaped. 28But Paul shouted, "Don't harm yourself! We are all here!"

 
===============================

 

Whenever I go through any trial, I want a miracle like this to happen! I don't want to remain in the trial for any period of time. In fact when I face a trial, I want to withdraw and say "life wins, just leave me over here in the corner!"

 

I have spoken to many people recently and they seem to be struggling. It's really difficult for them to see that life really hasn't changed, just another circumstance is in front of them. I know many times in my life I couldn't see what GOD was doing because I was so worried about my circumstance.
  • When I focus on the bad, everything seems to be wrong.
  • When I focus on the negative, I can't hear GOD.
  • When I focus on the lies, I can't discern what is true.
  • When I focus on the future, I get worried about the present.

 

 

Humans have the tendency to try to figure things out. When I don't have all the right pieces, then my worries, fears and doubts take over. I jump into "GOD's job" when I think about the future because only HE knows what is going to happen to me.

 

 

Paul and Silas remained “in the present” and they were truly blessed. They had no idea that GOD was going to rescue them. In fact they always had the resolve that they had been tremendously blessed up to this point and if GOD wanted to take them away "right now" then so be it.

 
  • When I focus on spreading GOD's kingdom, I expect problems.
  • When I focus on spreading GOD's kingdom, I can help people even though I need help.
  • When I focus on spreading GOD's kingdom, I can actually see people who need help.
  • When I focus on spreading GOD's kingdom, I don't complain as much.
  • When I focus on spreading GOD's kingdom, I'm not worried about me getting my way, but GOD getting HIS way.

 
GOD warns me that life will be difficult. HE doesn't want me to have a difficult life, but HE allows life to go on. HE knows there will be good and bad days so HIS advice to me is "help others recognize MY SON and I will do the rest."

 
I have taken the lesson from Paul and Silas. When I am having a bad day, then it must be time to call someone up and encourage them to have a good day!

  • Are you going through difficult times?
  • In the middle of your suffering can you encourage someone?
  • Do you realize that if you encourage someone, you will feel better about your situation?
  • Can you thank GOD for blessing you throughout life and HE has already done enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment