Monday, August 9, 2010

Are you serving “your way” or “GOD’s way?”

Romans 16: 17I urge you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them. 18For such people are not serving our Lord Christ, but their own appetites. By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of naive people. 19Everyone has heard about your obedience, so I am full of joy over you; but I want you to be wise about what is good, and innocent about what is evil.

===============================

What does it mean “to divide or put obstacles in someone’s way”? Thinking back on how I treated people I can say I have done both and the results weren’t pretty. Division means sticking to “a side” to an argument without developing a “win-win” solution.
  • When I use my own logic I quickly jump to “a side” versus watching GOD change the situation.
  • When I try to get my way I don’t listen to GOD when he is speaking through my adversary.
  • When I try to spread my argument to others I divide people and collide with GOD.

 Obstacle building means blocking ideas or placing unnecessary hurdles in the way for the purpose of killing the idea.
  • When I “fold my arms” and refuse to help I am building an obstacle.
  • When I develop rules that are hard for others to follow I am building an obstacle.
  • When I heap high expectations on people I am building an obstacle.
  • When I refuse to communicate clearly and want people to read my mind I am building an obstacle.

 GOD wants me to spread unity even though it may mean not getting my way. Trusting in GOD means letting HIM deal with people who are not following HIS words the way HE intended. Trust me; HE has dealt with me on numerous occasions.
  • Are you dividing people at work, home or church?
  • Why are you trying so hard to be heard or get your way?
  • Can you serve the person who is going down the “wrong path?”

No comments:

Post a Comment