Friday, August 27, 2010

Your “gift” is important.

1 Corinthians 12: 4There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. 6There are different kinds of working, but the same God works all of them in all men.

7Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. 8To one there is given through the Spirit the message of wisdom, to another the message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, 9to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues.

11All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he gives them to each one, just as he determines.

=========================

Standing out in the open field, a high pop fly ball was hit towards me. As it landed on the ground the guys moaned and the coach dismissed me from tryouts. In school I begged my holey pants to meet my shoes but that didn’t happen and I was dismissed from the fashionably astute.

A huge gust of wind blew my extra skinny body off of a porch because the hand me down coat acted like a kite. I was dismissed from the group again. It seemed like I didn’t fit in anywhere. You mean to tell me that I am “gifted?” I certainly didn’t feel like it.
  • Each person has a gift GOD made special for that person alone.
  • GOD meticulously crafted me with special talents that point to HIM.
  • HIS excitement over me is extreme and HE enjoys when I use my gifts and talents to further HIS kingdom.

GOD did a great job when HE made me. HE didn’t make a mistake when HE made me that size or complexion or with that smile or with that quirky sense of humor. HE knew exactly what HE was doing when HE made me and I shouldn’t look at someone else’s gift as something to be obtained.
  • Jealousy over another person leads to grumbling and false desire.
  • Desiring another person’s size, wealth, beauty or status will plague a person into complaining.
  • Complaining about the way you are made leads to questioning GOD.

I have asked GOD “why did YOU make me this way?” Now that I have been around the world spreading HIS great news, I see why HE made me this way. Looking back I can understand why HE put me in certain circumstances. Each experience, good and bad, helps me point to HIS SON.
  • Do you have gifts and talents you are not recognizing?
  • Have you used your talents to tell someone about CHRIST?
  • Can you learn to laugh at yourself and accept who you are?
  • GOD made you does HE “ever” make a mistake?

No comments:

Post a Comment