Hebrews 10: 22 let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.
23 Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. 24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25 not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
When I took a deep breath the sharp pain in my chest grew worse! I couldn’t sleep, I was single, the doctor’s office was closed, the emergency room was far away and I had no friends in that city. Crazy thoughts ran through my mind. “This is it! I’m going to die! Give Up!” Where in the world did that last thought come from?
The next day the doctor examined me and I had severely bruised a muscle. What a relief, but where did those crazy thoughts come from?
- Sincerely drawing near to GOD gives me full assurance that HE will take care of me through all circumstances.
- Even though I sin, my conscience is clear of guilt because I believe in the one who erases sin.
- My hope is never crushed because I hold unswervingly to GOD and HIS promise to never leave me.
- My heart is never empty because I fill it with serving people and praying for others.
- I don’t get discouraged because I meet with others and tell them my problems instead of running off to be by myself.
- When I get exhausted, I fill up on encouraging someone.
Life can get difficult and there are always circumstances that make us nervous, fearful and filled with doubt. BUT GOD wants us to focus on HIS power. HE declared me holy in spite of my sins because HIS SON took away my sins, now that’s encouraging!
Now that I am no longer guilty I can encourage others to persevere in your belief and HE will help remove the sin from your life which will bring greater rewards.
- Are you discouraged?
- Can take a step of faith today?
- Will you thank GOD for removing your sins through JESUS’s actions?
- Can you encourage someone today?