Monday, January 17, 2011

How gentle can I get?

Hebrews 5: 2 He is able to deal gently with those who are ignorant and are going astray, since he himself is subject to weakness. 3 This is why he has to offer sacrifices for his own sins, as well as for the sins of the people. 4 And no one takes this honor on himself, but he receives it when called by God, just as Aaron was.

============

  • What if someone is wrong? Do I dance in their face and wield it over them?
  • What if someone is not living right? Do I judge them and tell them their downfalls?
  • What if someone is irritating? Do I brush them off and shut down on the relationship?

The quick answer to all of the above is NO! Why, because I am not infallible to making the same mistakes. One of the reasons GOD “appoints” or calls me to minister to others is not to point out flaws or issues “they” have, it is to show what issues and flaws “we” have.

All humans sin and require mercy and grace at some point. I’m sure I make mistakes daily and require grace quite often. I figure it like this, the more grace I can show others, the more grace GOD will show me… I actually know it doesn’t work that way since HE has already has shown me tremendous grace, the most one could give.

I still feel obligated to show grace and mercy just like HE did.

  • Did someone treat you wrong?
  • Can you be gentle with them?
  • Can you show them “grace” and “mercy” today?

No comments:

Post a Comment