Monday, January 24, 2011

I am “completely” saved.

Hebrews 7: 23 Now there have been many of those priests, since death prevented them from continuing in office; 24 but because Jesus lives forever, he has a permanent priesthood. 25 Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.

============

“Virus Detected!” were the dreaded words that appeared on the screen just before “it” happened.  I tried and tried to save all of the files, years of pictures and gigabytes of music. For hours if not days I fought to keep our “electronic” life in order.

I managed to save the important files, all the pictures but some of the music and recorded programs were lost. I was just thankful that I could save 98% of our stuff.
  • My efforts to be good can never 100% save me.
  • My effort to be superior to other humans is not an argument that will work with GOD.
  • My effort to rid others of their sin is actually quite arrogant on my part since I still have a log in my own eye.
Laws were put in place to serve GOD in a very unique and specific way. GOD had to point out a flaw in humanity which is “sin” otherwise we would be blind to our way of thinking and end up separated from HIM forever. But knowing right from wrong doesn’t keep me from doing wrong.

Unfortunately sometimes knowing “wrong” is available attracts me to the wrong rather than doing what I know is right. My selfish sin nature kicks in and I want things my way, when I want them and how I want them. BUT JESUS did something remarkable.
  • JESUS became a human as a volunteer.
  • JESUS faced every temptation, if not more, every minute of every day.
  • JESUS walked this earth for years and years not committing a single sin.
  • JESUS was falsely accused, treacherously convicted and maliciously murdered for me.
  • JESUS is now alive and pleads my case because HE went through my temptations.
JESUS’s death burial and resurrection “completely” saves me. There is nothing missing from HIS efforts. Once I believe in what HE did I am “completely” saved. My prayers and efforts are not meant to keep me saved, rather they are a sacrifice to my LORD who saved me.

It takes practice to “praise” and it takes practice to “complain.” Realizing my sin and understanding GOD’s grace for me helps me praise the one who save me, namely JESUS.
  • Do you think you are “good?”
  • Are you comparing yourself to other people?
  • Is GOD pleased with your actions to be righteous on you own?
  • Do you believe you need to be saved from eternal separation from GOD?
  • Can you believe that JESUS is now alive interceding just for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment