Thursday, January 27, 2011

It’s going to be different this time!

Hebrews 9: 27 Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, 28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

============

When we finally arrived it was dark. Some had to pitch the tents in the dark while others gathered wood for a fire. I went over the packing list in my head and thought I was prepared for everything. As I worked on our tent, it started to rain and I wasn’t prepared.

It seemed like mud got on everything, even my soul! Most would never go camping again after that experience but I looked forward to the next time because I was going to be prepared.

  • JESUS chose a single point in time to become a human and die for me.
  • HE voluntarily sacrificed HIS blood since “blood” was required as the payment of sin.
  • JESUS’s death, burial and resurrection cleanse all who believe.

After HIS resurrection, JESUS went away to create a new place for me. In six earthly days HE created the heavens and the earth. Imagine what 2000+ years of earthly days will bring. HE sent HIS HOLY SPIRIT to remain with us while we are on earth to help us make GODLY decisions.

BUT one day our lives will change. JESUS will return and this time it will be different. HE has fulfilled all promises and is returning for those who believe in HIM. I am looking forward to HIS return so I am trying to prepare myself.

  • GOD is looking for those who have been generous to others in need so I give.
  • GOD is looking for those who love especially when they have been wronged, so I pray for my enemy’s.
  • GOD is looking for any and everyone who will accept what the SON has done, so I travel trying to convince people not to reject the truth that’s already in their heart.

When JESUS returns, HE will not be looking to build great wealth, drive a nice car and obtain opulence. This time HE will gather those who believe with all their heart that HE is the salvation. Most nights, especially when it’s clear and starry, I look up waiting on HIS return. This time I am going to be prepared!

  • Do you believe that JESUS will return?
  • Since no one knows the day or the hour, are you ready for HIS return?
  • Can you see the changes in the world point to HIS return?
  • Are you “waiting” on JESUS?

No comments:

Post a Comment