Friday, May 20, 2011

I will do anything for money!

Matthew 6: 19 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
============

“I’ll bet you two dollars you won’t climb on top of the school.” This was the bet that was placed in front of us. Notice I said “us.” We raced towards the school and began climbing. Fortunately my nerdish build prevented me from getting no more than two feet off the ground. 

The more daring guys climbed their way to the top of the two and a half story structure. When they climbed down, the principal was there to meet them. No one got the two dollars!

  • My love of money will make me do some extreme things.
  • My love of money will make me work extreme hours and leave my family on their own.
  • My love of money will make me stab someone in the back and justify it in my mind by thinking “they deserve it.”
  • My love of money will make me question the person who is trying to get close to me in hopes that they won’t want any of my money.

Many times I have thought what crazy thing I would do for money. I see the reality shows with people racing around the world or eating bugs or living on islands to gain a few dollars. Then I thought, “I wouldn’t do that” but would you work for thirty six hours straight? I did!

More money and trinkets has been a driver in my life when I got “more money and trinkets.” It seemed like the more I got the more I had to have. It also seemed like “the more I had” “the more I had to lose” and the harder I had to fight to keep what I had. What I had was “no peace.”
  • It’s alright to have money but don’t store it up rather distribute it.
  • It’s alright to have nice things but don’t cherish them because they will get broken, stolen or worn.
  • It’s alright to have plans and goals to attain wealth but only on GOD’s plan and timing.

JESUS walked the earth without a dime. John the Baptist was declared the greatest human outside of JESUS and he didn’t have a dime either. GOD isn’t impressed with my earthly wealth because HE owns everything. HE is quite impressed when I share my wealth for the specific purpose of growing HIS kingdom.

  • What’s in your heart?
  • Are you sad or depressed because you don’t have enough money?
  • Would you do “anything” for money?
  • What amount of time do you spend getting money and how much time do you spend giving money?

No comments:

Post a Comment