Monday, May 30, 2011

Am I being called to “go?”

Matthew 9:  35 Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness. 36 When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd.

37 Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. 38 Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.”

============

As I sat and listened to the preacher request for volunteers to go on trip with him, something different went through my mind and heart that day. My mind began racing, thinking about the poor conditions I would face.

“What would I eat,” “How would I sleep” “what if something goes wrong?” were all the questions that plagued my decision. My heart had the answer that defied all logic, “Don’t worry GO!”
  • Humans are not “evolving” rather they are “degrading.”
  • Humans scoff at the return of our LORD and savior JESUS.
  • Humans are too busy looking at their own situations to help others.
There are many reasons I can think of that would keep me from telling others about the greatness of JESUS. My coworkers would think I’m weird or the global company I work for won’t accept my views or everyone is going in the opposite direction and I don’t want to be singled out. BUT GOD feels different.
  • There are so many people out there who need some “good news.”
  • There are so many people out there who could use a little “hope.”
  • There are so many people out there who want a “loving relationship with GOD.”
When I went on my first trip abroad, many people said “there are plenty of people here who need to hear the same message.” When I got “there” I saw the same need but more people who were willing to listen to the great message of CHRIST. They came in droves as we taught, prayed and cried with them over their plight.

The harvest is truly plentiful and I am glad I listened to my heart.
  • Is GOD asking you to speak up about HIS SON?
  • What is holding you back from doing more for GOD?
  • Can you deliberately be an example or use your mouth to tell someone about GOD?
  • Do you have compassion for GOD's humans?
  • Isn’t there someone that comes to mind who you can tell about CHRIST?

No comments:

Post a Comment