Thursday, May 5, 2011

Is GOD pleased with me?

Matthew 3: 16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”
============

“Life is too short to walk around angry” I said to myself as I pouted for not getting my way. My rage had stirred up and its full fury was ready to be unleashed because “those” people were absolutely going crazy with their sneaky deceitful ways.

When I looked in the mirror I realized some of the sneaky, deceitful things I have done over the years. Maybe this time I should handle things differently. Maybe I should use “grace” instead of “gotcha.” GOD was definitely “pleased” with that decision.

This passage is written in the Bible a couple of times and is extremely special.  It documents three distinct beings of GOD yet somehow they are one. They are equal. They are together.

I don’t know how they operate. Are they one because they agree with each other or are they physically one? All I know is they hung their entire plan on the ONE who chose to become human, namely JESUS.

  • JESUS was baptized to show HIS agreement with the plan of dying for my sins.
  • GOD the HOLY SPIRIT descended on JESUS showing HIS agreement with the plan to live inside my filthy body.
  • GOD the FATHER said to HIS SON “YOU can do it” by stating “I am well pleased.”
I truly don’t know what is/was at stake when JESUS volunteered to become a human and walk in a way to never sin during HIS humanity. Did the FATHER bet HIS throne and put all of HIS trust in JESUS? Well… the Bible doesn’t say that, but it must be something so significant that the devil will stop at nothing to thwart their holy plan.

  • The FATHER is pleased with JESUS and by my belief HE is pleased with me.
  • The HOLY SPIRIT is pleased with JESUS, lives inside of me and begs the FATHER for forgiveness for me daily.
  • JESUS is pleased with me because in the middle of the act of my sin, HE died for me.

No human can take me away from JESUS, not even myself. HE is with me always.
  • Is GOD pleased with you?
  • What are you trying to hide?
  • Can you focus a small part of your life for GOD today?

No comments:

Post a Comment