Friday, November 18, 2011

Do I believe a little or a lot?

John 12: 44 Then Jesus cried out, “Whoever believes in me does not believe in me only, but in the one who sent me. 45 The one who looks at me is seeing the one who sent me. 46 I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness.

   47 “If anyone hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge that person. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world.

============

Being a follower of GOD is tough sometimes. The occurrences of JESUS happened over two thousand years ago and while well documented, take faith to truly believe all of the things HE did. Over the years my broken faith has led me to ponder GOD and HIS relationship with me.

Wrong or right for testing HIM, I did check to see if HE was there and I concluded with a resounding YES!
  • I looked at science who says my creation came from a large collision and the fragments on this planet were just right to start the chain of evolution.
  • I looked at groups who don’t quite believe in science, but they somewhat believe in a higher being, and they somewhat believe in their field of study.
  • I looked at “religion” and there were so many conflicting views over what a deity truly is.
These tests were done with filtered thinking because my parents had taught me the ways of CHRIST, but I had to see for myself. Here is what I found.
  • It’s easier to believe GOD was always here rather than gasses and minerals colliding by happenstance.
  • It’s easier to believe GOD created humans in HIS image with love embedded in them than cells evolving to the point where love happened to appear.
  • It’s easier to believe GOD’s rules are so pure that only HE could save me from the consequences.
The more I read the Bible, the more it makes sense. No science, self-help or coincidence can explain what is truly going on. It boils down to this, I am a sinner and I need GOD not only to save me eternally but to guide me through this murky thing called life. HE even knows my faith is faulty, yet HE loves me!
  • Do you believe in science more than GOD?
  • Is your comfort zone in your field of study or can you step out on faith and add GOD to your thoughts?
  • Do you believe in some things about GOD or all things GOD says?
  • Is JESUS just a myth to you or is HE GOD who became a human to die for you?
  • Are you avoiding learning more about GOD because you don’t want to change?

No comments:

Post a Comment