Monday, November 14, 2011

JESUS is for heaven, but what about now?

John 11:  21 “Lord,” Martha said to Jesus, “if you had been here, my brother would not have died. 22 But I know that even now God will give you whatever you ask.”

 23 Jesus said to her, “Your brother will rise again.”

 24 Martha answered, “I know he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day.”

 25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; 26 and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”

 27 “Yes, Lord,” she replied, “I believe that you are the Messiah, the Son of God, who is to come into the world.”

============

“Trust in the LORD”, my parents would say.  These were the words I would grow to be tired of. I mean how does trusting in the LORD help me right now?  JESUS seems like HIS only concern is heaven and my situation is right here in front of my face. Believing in JESUS is just ensures that I don’t go to hell right? Wrong!
  • Sometimes I think GOD is only there to prevent me from going to hell.
  • Sometimes I think GOD is only concerned with the afterlife and not focused on this life.
  • Sometimes I think GOD is just sitting on HIS throne watching me make mistakes, waiting to hit me over the head when I do so.
JESUS said to Martha, “Your brother will rise” knowing the miracle HE was about to perform. Martha’s response was paraphrased as “Yeah, yeah, I know he will be in heaven because I believe in the afterlife.” At least this is the response I would have given.

I sometimes think GOD is not really concerned about “my concerns.” It seems like HE just wants me to live naked in the desert preaching about HIS SON while looking crazy. That couldn’t be further from the truth.
  • GOD is concerned about every hair on my head for HE grows them.
  • GOD is concerned about every situation because HE made a plan for me that will not fail.
  • GOD is concerned about every little thing I do for when I am faithful with small items HE will give me larger matters to handle.
JESUS gave me HIS HOLY SPIRIT as a comforter and guide “through” life, not around it. When I take life’s adventure and focus it on GOD, I am greatly rewarded in “this” life and the next!
  • Do you believe in JESUS only for some matters and not for others?
  • Do you think your sins are only “small” sins so there is no need for JESUS right now?
  • Won’t you open your eyes to HIM and follow HIS ways today so you can see how he is working in your life right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment