Tuesday, November 8, 2011

You won’t be right no matter what you do.

John 8: 57 “You are not yet fifty years old,” they said to him, “and you have seen Abraham!”

   58 “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!” 59 At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.

============

When I get mad at people it seems like they can’t do anything right in my eyes.  Just ask my wife and kids. It seems there are times when I’m waiting for them to do something wrong rather than catching them in the act of doing something right. What am I missing?

  • Expectations of what GOD should do sets HIM up for failure in my mind.
  • Expectations of what GOD should solve makes HIM look like HE isn’t listening to me when HE doesn’t do it.
  • Expectations of what GOD should give me makes GOD my genie and not my GOD.

The Pharisees knew the Bible very well and walked around telling others how they should live. They were so full of themselves that they could not even see the good right in front of their eyes. They had an expectation of what GOD should be in their mind and were quite disappointed when JESUS appeared.

Love cannot exist when the expectation of the people around me are of “my” perfection.  They just won’t live up to it and inevitably disappoint me.

  • JESUS was accused of doing everything wrong but the truth was HE did everything right.
  • JESUS was accused of being a demon but HE is GOD and my savior.
  • JESUS was accused of being lower than a human but the FATHER has placed HIM above everything.

GOD doesn’t seem to act like I expect HIM to, look like I think HE does nor does HE do things when I expect HIM to. BUT GOD does act in pure love, HIS transformed appearance is glorious and HE is always right on time with HIS plan!

  • What expectations are you setting for others in your mind?
  • Are the failures in your mind or do you still see the potential?
  • Can you drop your accusations about them and help them become the best they can become?
  • Won’t you help them see CHRIST through your grace?

No comments:

Post a Comment