Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Am I too prejudiced to tell others about GOD?

Acts 11: 19 Now those who had been scattered by the persecution that broke out when Stephen was killed traveled as far as Phoenicia, Cyprus and Antioch, spreading the word only among Jews.

20 Some of them, however, men from Cyprus and Cyrene, went to Antioch and began to speak to Greeks also, telling them the good news about the Lord Jesus. 21 The Lord’s hand was with them, and a great number of people believed and turned to the Lord.

============

Sitting in a room with a group of people it was quite easy to tell I was the only one of my race. My native language was being spoken, but for some reason, I couldn’t pick up on all of the conversation. References to people I had never heard of and places I had never been made me feel inadequate.

I slowly crept back into the shadows. How can I reach others if “they” don’t include me?

  • Culture will always be a barrier if I let it.
  • Racial differences will always be an excuse if I let it.
  • Other differences in the way people live will always be a reason not to love if I let it.

When I assume people won’t want to hear from me because I look and act different from them I am placing my own prejudice in GOD’s way. “They won’t accept me” is the first thing on my mind so I figure “why try?”

  • GOD can and will use me to speak to any nation HE pleases.
  • GOD’s message is pure and it’s up to me to keep HIS message pure no matter who HE sends me to.
  • GOD uses my uncomfortable situation to “scatter” me to places I never would have dreamed and speak to people I never would have spoken to.

When I try to protect my feelings and even my body I reject GOD’s commandment to me telling me to “go” to all nations. HE simply wants me to have compassion for all humans knowing HIS love is bigger than any cultural, racial or lifestyle differences.

I know JESUS is GOD who died because I sinned. HE is now alive because HE was raised from the dead. Now I am free from the eternal consequences of sin. What great news! Now my message is for anyone who will hear that JESUS is the CHRIST and HIS compassion is endless!

  • Are you segregated in your worship?
  • Do you feel someone of another race or culture will reject GOD’s message of love?
  • What is stopping you from speaking to “that” person about JESUS?

No comments:

Post a Comment